Saturday, May 19, 2007

Caught by viruses

My dear friends, I've caught a cold! Oh how wonderful, isn't it!

If I were devoutly religious, I would probably think that God was punishing me for things I had done wrong and would feel terribly conscience-stricken and ashamed. If I were a member of a Nuer clan, I would probably think that someone had bewitched me and would be quite furious about that. Isn't it funny that a fact can be interpreted in such different ways that it will trigger completely different emotions?

Well, I'm not religious, nor a Nuer and I don't have any intention to become either one in the near future. I don't know whether I'm being punished by a supernatural being or whether I'm bewitched by someone feeling an intense antipathy against me, a humble human being, but I do feel pretty fucked up.

Those ruthless viruses have obstructed the functioning of my brain in such a way that I can't think of anything else than how to stop my running nose. Ergo for now, no stories about Blair visiting Maliki or the fifth (!) truce between Hamas and Fatah.

Oops, I've run out of tissues...

0 comments: